The Karnataka High Court on Monday dismissed a petition filed against actor Sanjay Dutt, which was imposed demanding him to stop working in the upcoming film KGF: Chapter-2. The petitioner said that Sanjay Dutt was punished for illegally possessing arms.
Rejecting the plea, Chief Justice Abhay Oka said in his remarks, "Which law says that a person who has been found guilty in an offense and who has been sentenced can be prevented from working in a film?"
The Arms Act was punished
Sanjay Dutt was sentenced to six years under the Arms Act for possessing illegal arms (AK-56) in the 1993 Mumbai serial bomb blast case. However, the sentence was later reduced to five years. In May 2013, he surrendered before the police and was released 3 months before the sentence was completed in February 2016.
First part released in 2018
KGF: Chapter 2 is the sequel to the film 'KGF: Chapter 1' released in the year 2018, in which actor Yash played a major role. The first part of the film was directed by Prashant Neil and Srinidhi Shetty also played a major role in it.
Sanjay to play the role of Vilen Adhira
In the second part of the film, Sanjay will appear as ' Adhira ' playing the role of the main Vilen. They have already completed most of their part shooting. If there was no lockdown when the shooting of the film would have been completed.
Sanjay's illness caused by Tully shooting
The creative executive producer of Hombale Films, Karthik Gowda, disclosed last week that only 24 days of film shooting was left. Which was to begin this week. However, Sanjay Dutt was diagnosed with cancer after the film was detected.
Was informed of taking a break from work
Sanjay Dutt shared a post on social media on August 11 stating that he was taking a break from work for a few days for medical treatment. He had asked his fellows not to worry. However, it was reported the same night that they were suffering from cancer. For whose treatment they can soon go to the US or Singapore.